Friday, December 16, 2011

Penrose Edge of Death

Good news everyone! One of my super-cool Internet friends, Obtusegoose stole one of my ideas.



Alright, maybe "stole" is a bit harsh. Nonetheless, I mentioned that the creation of a Penrose Triangle would be easy in Portal 2 with the use of the linked_portal_door entity. While I was hoping I would be the first one to do it. Obtusegoose beat me to the punch. So good for him, I guess. I'm not even bitter or anything.

Anywho, Hypnophobia? Entdata is currently at 115.7%. Basically, it's impossible to make any more, just to tweak what's already in the map for optimal excellence. I'm serious you guys, it's almost done, I just need to stop having anxiety attacks and actually finish it.

So what actually needs to be done? All this:
  • Fix the timing at one secret spot so something's reaction to some explosions is less casual.
  • Basically fix up all the AI to make it more hateful to the player in general.
  • Make the super-cool ending scene.
  • Cubemaps, what's weird is that I only have like two cubemaps in the whole map, but everything renders just fine, I'm going to have some cool internet friends (who don't steal from me) test it to see if they see the same nice shiny textures that I do.
And that's it! It's practically done, but I'm not going to release this thing until it's good and ready, which will probably be this month anyway.

1 comment:

heavonbound said...

My champagne is at the ready.

Post a Comment