Saturday, November 27, 2010

Campin'

I just got back from a week long camping trip at William Hesie County Park and immediately gorged myself on Internet. That's not to say the trip wasn't enjoyable, it was. The first two days however, it rained. Alot. Thankfully I had brought a copy of Slaughterhouse-Five and Frankenstein, I hadn't read either before and they were predictably depressing except for when the Tralfamadorians showed up, that was a hoot. I also started writing some of my own science-fiction while it was raining and some of them have very gruesome death scenes. I might put it on here if it's good enough.

After the rain stopped I finally was able to walk around and explore the park. I went on the Canyon Oak Trail, then the Desert View Trail, then other trails with similar names. As far as I could tell, basically all of them. The Desert View Trail is the one that stood out to me the most, a long meandering path that goes up hills that surround the park and ends at the very top. By the time I got up there I was over 4,000 feet above sea level. At the top is a little granite platform with a telescope. That was all fine and good but I was more concerned with getting down, the wind was so cold and so strong that I felt like I would either flash-freeze up there or be blown over the side and fall all the way to the bottom.

Other then that, we went to Julian which is a little town that's just a mile away. We had breakfast there and looked around the gift shops, I bought a little crow plushie as it is my tradition to buy a bird every time we visit. It's the reason why I'm surrounded by owls in all the videos I appear in.

Speaking of videos, I took a couple while we were there! Including one of a deer running past me.

I looked that deer straight in the eyes, it couldn't have been more than three yards away. I could see the dew on it's fur coat, suddenly it started galloping right towards me but turned and fled into the hills and I got it all on video.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I for one am interested in the scifi.

mom said...

I for second am NOT interested in the sci-fi

Short Stuff said...

^ Your comment confuses me.
You cannot second something yet disagree with it.
The internet is a rough place darling :)

Shadgrimgrvy said...

Ladies, please.

Post a Comment